847 Christmas Creek Road, Christmas Creek QLD For Sale - $4,450,000
- Mixed Farming
- 363.65 acres
Position, Potential and Lifestyle
Christmas Creek Thoroughbreds is a specialized thoroughbred spelling farm and cattle backgrounding operation with quality improvements and pastures.
- Located 24km South of Beaudesert, 147.23 Hectares or 363.65 Acres, 2 freehold titles
- Situated approximately 92km Brisbane CBD and 82km to the Gold Coast
- A mixture of black basalt country and alluvial black loam river flats rising to gently undulating country with a small percentage of timber on the eastern side of the block providing ideal shelter for stock
- A good balance of timbers include gums, Moreton Bay ash with grasses comprising of Creeping blue grass, Kikuyu, Rhodes grass, Rye grass and native pastures and herbages
- Approximately 100 acres of irrigated cultivation, delivered via 6inch mains and 15 hydrants, subdivided into 12 main paddocks for rotational grazing
- Extensive soil program has been undertaken to lift carrying capacity, weight gains and quicker turn over
- Excellent watering facilities across the property that include Christmas Creek frontage with a 228 meg water license, 2 bores, 4 dams, 21,000 gallons of rainwater storage for the home
- Main stable complex has 19 stables, office, kitchenette, bathroom, tack and feed room, approximate size 634sqm, concrete slab and insulated roof.
- Second stable complex includes 10 stables, earth floor, approximately 450sqm in great condition with dog yard and kennels adjacent
- 31x day yards with horse shelters, automatic watering system and sprinklers, another 16 spelling paddocks that range in size from half acre lots up to 8 acres
- 2 round yards that are rubber lined, 8 horse walker and separate loading ramp and crush
- Steel cattle yards with 4 way draft, loading race, vet crush and scales
- Five bay machinery/workshop shed, steel construction, hay and commodities shed, steel frame, 250sqm
- Homestead was built in 2004, 569sqm under roof, 4 bedrooms all with built-ins and ensuite, main bedroom has a walk in wardrobe and spa, office and media room, 2 ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning units servicing the bedrooms and main living area and an in-ground pool
Since the owners bought the property in 2007, they have embarked on a massive improvement program, building modern stable facilities, yards and improving the production capabilities of the country, their vision to make the property a sustainable and productive operation that produces consistently over the long term. Christmas Creek location guarantees a great lifestyle and it's abundance of water being a feature giving you the security and potential in the future.
- Built-In Wardrobes