1400 Ajana Road East, Binnu WA For Sale - $2,360,000
- 2393 hectares
• Highly regarded, third generation, Binnu farm, comprising 2,393 total ha
• 1,927 croppable ha, easy working, high efficiency's
• Great balance of productive, red loam and strong, Mallee, yellow sandplain soils
• 150 ha of established perennial grasses
• Huge storage, 3 powered machinery/work sheds, 120t sliding roof fertiliser shed 10 silos with combined 280t capacity
• 4-bedroom, air conditioned, fibro farm house, just 70km from Kalbarri
• Reliable water supply from 5 bores
• 1500 ha program of deep ripping (500mm) in 2016-17
Burneywang is a generational farm, comprising approximately 1927 arable ha and located in the highly regarded grain growing district of Binnu, in the Northern Wheatbelt of WA, just 70km from Kalbarri.
Continuously farmed by the same family since being taken up in 1950, the property is a productive balance of red loam and strong, Mallee, yellow sandplain. The topography is slightly undulating and broken into 23, easy working paddocks, with an average area of 90ha. The croppable area is approximately 45% red soil, 55% yellow soils.
Lime has been applied to the property from 2009 and since then, all paddocks have received applications of either lime or dolomite. Prior to 2009, dolomite (on property pit) and lime were applied as required. Deep ripping has also been incorporated into the soil management program and in 2016 and 2017 nearly 1500ha of the cropping area was deep ripped up to a depth of 500mm.
The property has a full list of infrastructure including a comfortable 4-bedroom, air conditioned, fibro farmhouse, 10 silos with a combined capacity of 280t, plus 3 powered machinery/ work sheds (36 x 9m, 18 x 12m, 12 x 18m). Fertiliser is stored in a cement floored, sliding roof shed with a capacity of 120t. There is even a 12 x 15m hangar located on the property for a plane or extra storage.
Water supply for the property is via 5 bores, with an extremely reliable, abundant source located at the house. The quality is suitable for drinking and spraying.
Opportunity also exists through the capacity to run a small herd of cattle on the northern parcel, with the additional, well-established, 372 acres of perennial grasses.
Burneywang in 2018 is experiencing a sensational season and the lupin/ wheat rotation currently in place presents as an ongoing, complete broadacre package.
- 3 X Powered Machinery/Work Sheds
- 10 Silos With 180t Capacity
- 120t Sliding Roof Fertiliser Shed