" Canaway Downs ", Quilpie QLD For Sale - Auction
- Mixed Farming
- 230685 acres
Quilpie's Quiet Achiever
- 109km North West of Quilpie, 587km to Roma's cattle selling centre
- Great balance of country and soil types, ranging from dark black to soft red and dark loamy soils.
- Grasses consist of Mitchell grass, Queensland blue grass, flinders, blue bush, button grass and a good mixture of saline's in season.
- Dominant timbers include Gidyea, Boree and Coolabah along the creeks and Mulga throughout.
- Privately owned artesian flowing bore, pushing water 200km through poly-lines to all paddocks servicing troughs and tanks.
- Extensive fencing program to suit sheep and cattle has been on, with the majority of fences renewed.
- 133km of exclusion fence situated on Canaway Downs, giving an exclusion area of approximately 540,000 acres
- Solid and well maintained improvements includes, a large 4 bedroom homestead, air-conditioned, wood heating, verandahs, 2 bathrooms, sunroom, modern kitchen and dining area set in landscaped lawns and gardens.
- 2nd 4 bedroom air-conditioned home, steel machinery and storage shed, workshop and vehicle shed.
- 2 shearing sheds and sets of yards, 2 sets cattle yards, 7 room shearers quarter's, air hangar and 1,200m airstrip.
- Inspections of the property are by appointment only and are to be conducted under the supervision of the selling agents. Interested parties should contact the selling agents to arrange an inspection.
Canaway Downs' exceptional scale and quality is well suited to a mixed grazing operation or equally lends itself to a standalone sheep or cattle enterprise. The Turner family embarked on an extensive watering and fencing program with the vision of improving the overall management and making it easier for stock to utilize all of their country all of the time. The aggregation represents an opportunity to acquire a versatile operation with significant scope for expansion.
AUCTION: Friday 3rd August at 11:00am, Burke and Wills Hotel, Toowoomba
AuctionFri 3 Aug 2018 - 11:00AM
Burke and Wills, Toowoomba